Symantec Encryption Product Support Engineer in Draper, Utah
Encryption Product Support Engineer – Job Description
• Provide complex technical support to customers, partners and employees (Sales, Consulting, etc.) on the Encryption product portfolio
• Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
• Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve product quality
• Exercise judgment within defined processes and procedures to determine appropriate action
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
• Document known issues within Knowledge Management system of record
• Demonstrate proper handling of escalated accounts in order to bring the right resources to bear to return customers and partners to optimum health
• Act as final point of escalation within Technical Support model, serving as important interface between customer and Engineering
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree is strongly desired. In the absence of a completed Bachelor’s degree, any of the following will suffice: (a) minimum of 5-years Security software experience in a Technical Support role (b) minimum of 7-years IT Security domain experience (c) or minimum of 5-years IT Security domain experience with 1 or more of the following up-to-date certifications: CISSP, MCSE, MCP, CNE, CCNA or CompTIA Security• Previous experience working in a fast paced client/technical environment is highly regarded
• Strong technology enthusiast with passion for troubleshooting and structured problem solving
• Solid communication nuances and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Domain expertise with Encryption is highly regarded
• Experience with running Scripts, on and working with Multiple Operating systems, such as Linux, Windows, and Apple Operating Systems is desired.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL and Postgres databases preferred.
• Network/Domain troubleshooting skills regarded.
• Computer Literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (Intermediate +), SFDC
• Cloud expertise is highly regarded
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.