Intermountain Healthcare Exercise Specialist - Logan Sports Performance in Logan, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Exercise Specialist designs, directs, and documents exercise programs for athletes and patient populations. This Exercise Specialist will work in the Sports Performance Training gym located at Logan Regional Hospital, as well as off-site at contracted high schools. This is a great opportunity for an Exercise Specialist interested in multiple populations, as they will work with both rehabilitation patients and athletes improving their sports performance.
Essential Job Duties
- Designs exercise programs per physician and physical therapist instruction or per athlete's performance requirements.
- Educates clients regarding exercise technique and appropriate use of equipment.
- Monitors progress and keeps patient/athletes progressing through program. Updates program as needed.
- Documents tests results and training in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Communicates with therapists and other team members regarding progress.
- Maintains equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment.
- Maintains a clean and inviting work environment according to health department codes and facility standards.
- Assists in research initiatives as assigned.
- Entry Rate: $15.95
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part time, 24 hours per week. Most shifts will be scheduled in the afternoon
- Department: Logan Regional Hospital Sports Performance
- Bachelor's degree in an Exercise Science field from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Experience using knowledge of anatomy and physiology, training theory and methodology.
- Carrying, climbing, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing and walking.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) highly preferred
- Coaching experience
- Master's degree in an Exercise Science related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with orthopedic injuries and surgical procedures.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Part Time