Intermountain Healthcare MRI Tech- Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Position is responsible for performing medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician to assist in the medical diagnosis and or treatment of illness and or injury.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs MRI examinations per department protocol.
- Understands cross sectional anatomy and demonstrates anatomical positioning competency.
- Demonstrates ability to critique own films.
- Completes studies within acceptable time limitations without compromising patient care or the quality of the examination.
- In coordination with the radiologist, demonstrates ability to select proper scanning techniques and protocols.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of protocol relating to contrast administration. As ordered by the physician and under radiologist/physician supervision administers intravenous contrast material to patients.
- Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques.
- Understands and operates all MRI equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure that quality images are produced. Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging.
- Incumbent will be able to view, transfer, archive, and manipulate images.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the MRI scanner. Able to troubleshoot when needed and understands the shutdown and start up procedures.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the magnet, cryogens, gradient amplifiers, and all computer hardware and software.
- Understands the Quench procedure and when it should be performed.
- Adheres to and understands the MRI safety policy and the FOUR ZONE concept.
- Understands proper MR magnet safety in an event of an emergency.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full Time position working 40 hours per week. Hours will include weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Will share on-call for nights.
- Department: Logan Regional Hospital- MRI
- ARRT or ARMRIT registered technologist.
- Current Utah State Licensure in order to administer RX.
- Basic life support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- One year of experience in MRI.
- Post-hire expectation: Meets departmental IV certification competency within three months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the controlled substance module within six months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the initial moderate sedation module within six months of hire.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- MRI registered by ARRT.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Full Time