Intermountain Healthcare PBX Operator/Service Rep in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The PBX Operator/Service Rep is responsible for receiving telephone calls either from the public or employees, and directing the caller in a manner that addresses the needs of the caller and helps the caller feel welcome. The Operator/Service Rep also checks in patients and assists patients, family members, and guests.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Answers internal and external calls in a manner that is courteous, professional, and helps the caller feel welcome.
- 2. Provides information to callers in a helpful and courteous manner following HIPAA and confidentiality policies and guidelines, processing calls to proper location promptly.
- 3. Maintains an excellent working knowledge of the PBX telephone system.
- 4. Knows and follows procedures for TDD/TTY hearing impaired phone when applicable.
- 5. Customer service oriented by taking responsibility to help solve problems. May trouble shoot to help resolve dropped or misdirected calls, and may involve others as needed.
- 6. Greets patients, family members, and guests, and assists with questions/concerns. Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of the facility and available services and programs.
- 7. Checks patients in and inputs patient information into the patient tracking system.
- 8. Collects, and ensures patient paperwork/forms are accurate and complete, assembles patient charts.
- 9. Coordinates with nursing floor to ensure appropriate paperwork is completed for direct admits.
- 10. Provides professional communication to the patient's family regarding the status of the patient.
- 11. Stays calm under pressure and able to work independently.
- Entry Rate: $12.02
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Thursday and Friday, possible shifts between 5:45 am and 5:00 pm
- Department: TOSH Surgical Services
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring exceptional customer service.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and email software experience.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience working with a complex phone system.
- Working knowledge of DIG system and Tandem (Help1).
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 18
Primary Work Location TOSH
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Part Time