Intermountain Healthcare Cook II -Full-time - IMC in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under minimal supervision, follows recipes and prepares and cooks food.
Essential Job Duties
- Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment.
- Performs quantity food production..
- Prepares display cooking.
- Uses standardized recipes.
- Prepares room service food to order.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Follows HACCP standards
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- Follows simple recipes and/or instructions in the preparation of food items.
- Operates retail grill and fryer.
- Entry Rate : $11.82
- Benefits Eligible : Yes
- Shift Details : Full-time
- Department: Food Services
- Location : Murray, UT
- One year experience in quantity food production.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Food Handlers Permit
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City