Ricoh Americas Corporation Customer Engineer - I in Salt Lake City, Utah
A Customer Engineer I is responsible for the proactive and reactive support, troubleshooting and documentation of new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary on-site engineering resource supporting all aspects of technology for Mindshift clients
- Supporting and trouble-shooting on-premise desktop environment including but not limited to workstation imaging and support of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems (XP/Vista/7/8/10).
- Supporting and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, firewalls, and wireless.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting backup solutions both on-site and remote.
- Implementing, supporting, and trouble-shooting of on-premise printers and print servers.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting on-premises networks (VLAN configurations a plus).
- Proven customer facing field experience.
- Cultivate close working relationship with assigned clients' point of contacts and user base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for case closures and daily time entries using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ticketing system.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:Server Administrator, MCITP:Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience.
- Minimum of 3 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Apple computer hands-on experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012
- Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (XP/2003/2007/2010).
- Ability to work at onsite at client facility as required.
- Presents a tidy and professional physical appearance to customers and colleagues in a way the represents mindSHIFT well, especially at a customer site.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the region.
- Occasional on-call rotation may be required.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.