SMG Facility Services Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Facility Services Assistant for SMG/Salt Palace Convention Center. Responsible for working with Salt Palace clients, exhibitors, attendees and staff to facilitate ordering, billing and customer service for Telecomm (Internet, Telephone, Cable TV), Engineering (Air, Water & Natural Gas) and Business Center services during events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process payments for orders received through Facility Services
- Process invoices for show management and contractor services
- Prompt correspondence with clients
- Manage reports for services
- Receive and respond to client correspondence and questions.
- Maintain proactive marketing of Salt Palace services
- Work shifts in the Business Center as needed
- Must be flexible to work evenings & weekends as required by events.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required. Some college education preferred.
- At least one year related work experience and or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Good telephone and writing skills
- Dependable and team-oriented
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with managers and staff from other departments
- Ability to become proficient in technical knowledge of Salt Palace services (training will be provided)
- Ability to work on your feet for long hours during events
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Computer knowledge (thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel is required. Peachtree or other Accounting software experience a plus)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled