University of Utah Graduate Research Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/10/2018
Requisition Number PRN08066N
Job Title Graduate Research Assistant
Working Title Graduate Research Assistant
Job Grade A00
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 10
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
12 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00167 - CSW Social Research Institute
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $11,626
RA will perform varied support functions for research projects, which may include gathering data, conducting literature reviews, analyzing data, summarizing findings, drafting reporting, and other duties. Work involves assisting the principal investigator to implement and oversee evaluation of a program providing support for individuals in recovery from substance misuse
- Assist in designing data collection activities
- Communicate with the principal investigator and funding agencies to ensure all required data are obtained
- Download data and check for errors
- Enter data intoSPSSsoftware
- Perform basic descriptive analyses inSPSS
- Assist with basic report writing
- Utilize problem solving skills such as the ability to evaluate what is critical to the goals of the study and elicit cooperation from stakeholders when compiling information from various sources
- Two years of research experience or equivalency
- Understanding of research protocols and procedures
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office,SPSS, UBox, and Google Docs
- Effective skills for communication, especially ability to receive constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Good sense of humor
- Collaborative working style
- Experience with Qualtrics and/orSPARSreporting system
- Previous work with research projects, especiallySAMHSA-funded grants
Special Instructions Summary
Flexible schedule in a friendly, inclusive environment. Perfect for students of social work, sociology, public health, or other social sciences. Candidates must be reliable, organized, and able to work independently.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.