Salt Lake County HVAC Specialist - OPEN UNTIL FILLED in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Performs technical and general maintenance, service, troubleshooting, repair, and installation on HVAC equipment.
Five (5) years of experience with HVAC or a similar maintenance, of which four (4) years must have been in service and repair.
Graduation from a recognized HVAC training program is preferred.
Must possess a Universal EPA refrigerant certification at time of hire.
Must possess a Rocky Mountain Gas Association (RMGA) certification within three (3) months of hire.
A valid driver's license to operate a vehicle is required at time of hire.
Must pass a pre-employment County Jail security clearance, Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and Drug and Alcohol screening.
Will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing. May be subject to post accident and reasonable suspicion alcohol and drug testing.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance on commercial air conditioning and multi-zoned heating and cooling systems that incorporate pneumatic, digital, and central energy management system controls.
- Develops heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system modification plans.
- Researches and selects materials for HVAC systems installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Monitors and inspects HVAC systems and components.
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, materials, tools, and equipment to accomplish work assignments.
- Responds to emergency situations during non-regular work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County