Intermountain Healthcare Patient Placement Spec - FT in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position serves as the first point of contact for the Patient Placement department. This role works closely with the House Supervisor and Patient Flow Nurse to facilitate patient flow and maintain efficient throughput within the hospital.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Learns new systems and multi-tasks in difficult situations.
- 2. Serves as the primary contact for all bed requests from all portals of entry. Communicates complex clinical knowledge regarding admission status and bed availability with facilities, physicians, nurses and other clinical personnel in an appropriate and timely manner.
- 3. Makes appropriate bed assignments in Teletracking for all routine bed requests using the patient placement matrix. Prioritizes bed assignments based on urgency of request. Monitors Teletracking for bed requests, bed availability, and anticipated and confirmed discharges. Monitors lengthy or outstanding inpatient bed requests to cancel or update admission requests.
- 4. Answers phone calls and communicates and/or escalates complicated placements and phone calls to the Patient Flow nurse.
- 5. Works with the Patient Flow nurse to process direct admissions and out of network admits.
- 6. Reviews Emergency department volume and surgery schedule to track patient status changes and estimated arrivals.
- Entry Rate: $15.79
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Shift is still being arranged. At lease part time, mixed days and nights to include weekends.
- Department: Parkway Building. Patient Placement
- One year of experience working in customer service.
- One year experience in the medical field.
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and problem solve, independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations with resolute demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated motivated and self-directed.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Medical terminology background.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Parkway Building
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City