AECOM Sr Project Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Business Line Government
Position Title Sr Project Manager
United States of America - Utah
Salt Lake City
Responsible for overall execution of a project/contract to include the development of engineering work products, managing budgets and schedules, and maintaining the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents the company with respect to the customer.
1) Managing an engineering staff in the office and externally in other offices to produce engineering work products by the staff working under this person’s responsible charge.
2)Demonstrated capability to perform as the Engineer of Record and design authority on design and construction of large radioactive and hazardous waste disposal site works.
3) Identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
4) Ensure development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management.
5) Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.
6) Establish track and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics on a routine basis.
7) Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.
8) Demonstrate command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
9) Ensure that a firm scope-based schedule baseline is established and properly implemented.
10) Review, report and manage key performance measures defined within the contract. Implements corrective measures.
11) Consistently meet or improve upon the established schedule goals in their area of responsibility.
12) Manage performance and progress against the plan and ensures accurate forecasts with commensurate action plans.
13) Establish annual operating budgets in cooperation with customer, business manager or group financial department.
14) Provide accurate monthly forecasts of cost, schedule, and resource utilization.
15) Work with Business Development to increase scope of services on existing contracts.
16) Support BD, and Group management in Contract negotiations with customers.
17) May serve as the proposal manager of a medium sized project.
18) Support or conduct formal presentations to clients and/or management
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent and 15+ years relative experience is required. Licensed professional engineer in the State of Utah or other state with comity capability in other states and countries is required. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 187150BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.