SMG Swing Shift Guest Services Officer in Salt Lake City, Utah
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Security Guard for SMG/ Mountain America Exposition Center. Responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises; securing property during move in/out trade shows, conventions or events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains excellent customer service with customers and clients at all times.
- Secures locks and unlocks facility doors.
- Patrols and secures interior and exterior facility.
- Immediately responds to emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff of any/all emergency responder situations outside of their scope of training.
- Interacts with the public and all levels of SMG management and fellow employees.
- Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises.
- Appropriately handles and deals with "unruly" and or disruptive people inhabiting the facility.
- Utilizes good judgment and assesses situations for immediate response.
- Interacts closely and assists all facility departments and their clients/contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
1 year security experience, preferably in a similar environment.
- Valid driver's license required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively and appropriately respond to and manage high stress and urgent situations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills: good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain high levels of professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled