SMG Swing Shift Housekeeper in Salt Lake City, Utah
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Swing Shift Housekeeper for SMG/Salt Palace Convention Center. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, under the direction of Housekeeping Manager and Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General cleaning of facility prior to, during, and after shows and events.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of glass and mirrors.
- Periodic deep cleaning of carpets.
- Clean and re-stock restrooms.
- Empty and sanitize trash containers.
- Keep facility in customer ready (presentable) condition.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 12 months previous housekeeping or janitorial experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- General janitorial cleaning knowledge.
- Willingness to work any shift or as needed (irregular hours).
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Orientation to safety and details.
- Knowledge of cleaning and maintaining procedures for carpets, rest rooms, and glass.
- Ability to lift at least 65 pounds.
- Ability to complete assignments within a given time frame.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled