Intermountain Healthcare Service Coordinator - Homecare & Hospice in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Service Coordinator is a member of the support staff team with the responsibility to ensure accurate and complete scheduling of patient care.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Coordinates client needs for seven days a week staffing needs:
- Maintains master schedule.
- Coordinates and communicates scheduling changes with clinicians and clients.
- Completes and distributes schedules by determined time line.
- 2. Schedules appropriate services, utilizing cost containment practices and answers, routes and documents client / service inquiries and or complaints appropriately and in a timely manner:
- Utilizes appropriate resources for scheduling (i.e. Internal facilities/departments).
- Minimizes overtime and mileage of the clinicians through appropriate scheduling.
- Completes appropriate documentation for scheduling errors, missed visits, patient complaints, etc.
- Documents and communicates concerns / issues to case manager and or manager.
- 3. Utilizes effective customer service and communication skills with all customers / co-workers in a timely, concise, clear and positive manner:
- Informs client and appropriate clinicians of scheduling changes.
- Communicates appropriately with clinicians to facilitate coverage.
- Notifies appropriate manager/case manager of staffing issues.
- Entry Rate: $14.35
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Week 1: W, TH, FRI Week 2: TH, FRI, SAT 12 hour shifts from 6am-6pm
- Department: Homecare & Hospice
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and sensitivity with team members and customers
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing
- Scheduling or Homecare experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-South Jordan