Cabela's HR Manager 3 in Tooele, Utah
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for anHuman Resources Manager 3in our Distribution Center in Tooele, UT.
Position Overview: Responsible for the overall Human Resource function of a large facility (generally encompassing 500-1000 FTEs). Responsibilities include wage and salary administration, employee relations, administration of benefit programs and health services, and recruitment and onboarding of new employees. Works closely with site managers, employees, and Corporate Human Resources to carry out all company policies and procedures and develop new programs to enhance employee relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfills staffing needs of facility. Works in conjunction with facility hiring managers to identify staffing needs and carries out plans for sufficient recruiting, selection and onboarding of personnel.
- Administers compensation programs. Maintains a competitive pay structure for positions in the labor market area. Monitors area labor market activity. Collects wage and salary information or conducts surveys for appropriate geographical area. Maintians organizational structure by creating new and updating existing position description questionnaires (PDQs) and evaluating PDQs for internal and market equity as necessary.
- Ensures employees are treated according to company core values and facility is in compliance with all applicable corporate policies and government regulations including but not limited to: EEOC, ADA, FMLA, Fair Labor Practices and any other employment regulations relevant to the business unit. Reviews personnel actions and counsels with site managers on individual employee issues. Shares information with all members of the facility in an appropriate manner to ensure working knowledge of applicable policies and regulations.
- Assures managers and employees have a basic understanding of company policies and basic supervisory practices. Trains or coordinates training for supervisors and employees on such things as: new employee orientation, safety training, policy, leadership, and basic supervisory skills.
- Develops, recommends, and maintains programs for effective performance management, employee relations, engagement, and retention strategies. Monitors needs of the facility and organizes and prepares the necessary resources and materials. Provides training and coaching to assist managers in their development and engagement efforts.
- Serves as liason between Corporate benefits and payroll departments to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and benefit enrollment. Communicates and coordinates benefit enrollments for all employees.
- Partners in the development and implemention of safety procedures, rules, regulations, and loss control prevention programs for facility in cooperation with corporate safety initiatives. Conducts safety inspections and coordinates safety committee meetings. Oversees prompt accident reporting and investigation. Manages claims and return to work. Responds to safety suggestions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 to 4 years experience
- Must have pevious experience recruiting, interviewing, hiring and experience in coaching/developing/training.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills dealing with all organizational employee levels.
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) and/or PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certifications helpful/not required.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Auto req ID: 45524BR
Posting Title: HR Manager 3
Department: HUMAN RESOURCES
Location/Division: Tooele UT - Distribution Center
Req Type: Exempt