Salt Lake County Asst Library Manager 15 in WEST JORDAN, Utah
Assists in overseeing the day-to-day operations of a public library branch. Supervises assigned staff. Performs reference/reader's advisory services, collection management, and programming and outreach activities.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Information Science, or other ALA-Accredited Master's degree, plus two (2) years professional librarian experience.
Supervisory experience, in any setting, may substitute for up to one (1) year of the required professional librarian experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and professional librarian experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous supervisory experience.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check.
- Assists in planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the library's services and programs in relation to changing needs in the community.
- Assumes general management responsibilities in the absence of the Library Manager.
- Assists in developing annual budget request for staff, library materials, programming and capital projects; monitors expenditures, as assigned.
- Manages circulation services and serves as a resource for clerical staff.
- Supervises staff which includes hiring, orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisal, and discipline.
- Provides reference and reader's advisory services to library customers in person, on the phone, or through electronic communications.
- Explains use of library resources, equipment, and services and provides information about library policies.
- Selects materials for assigned area(s) of the collection and evaluates items to be deleted.
- Provides input on the branch collection development plan and strategic goals.
- Participates in outreach activities to promote use of library materials and services.
- Develops and maintains contact with schools and/or community groups to promote library materials and services.
- Plans, coordinates, and/or provides library programs.
- Assists customers in the use of personal computer and electronic resources.
- Develops/updates web pages, identifies/screens web sites and/or verifies links on library's home page.
- Handles emergency situations and resolves public complaints about materials, services, programs, and/or staff.
- Participates in management meetings, training workshops and professional development activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
WEST JORDAN LIBRARY-1355